Professional Development Program (PDP)
Participant's Guide and Application - (revised March 2018)
The updated 2017 PDP Guide reflects a few changes in the program. A wider variety of training options are now offered including classroom, webinar, and e-learning options to complete program requirements. Also, submission of a H.R. LaBounty Safety award nomination is now required for the 2017 Supervisor Basics and Operations Specialties. Also, new enrollees are required to complete the certification program within four years of enrolling to ensure knowledge and skills gained are current and relevant. Please note: The Risk Management Specialty was eliminated as of January 1, 2010. All the courses in that Specialty can be found in either the Supervisor Basics, Human Resources or Operations Specialty.Those currently enrolled in the Risk Management Specialty will continue through to certification and not be impacted by the change.
PDP Program Requirements by Specialty and Course Training Option Checklists:
Current Course Equivalents for 2007/2010 PDP Participants
TargetSolutions Courses and Professional Development Program Requirements
TargetSolutions offers a large variety of training classes with important information that will help you do your job better. Not all the classes are in-depth or specific to water agencies, therefore may not meet the requirements of the JPIA Professional Development Program (PDP).
JPIA recommends any and all classes on TargetSolutions as a refresher for you or to introduce the topic before taking a JPIA class. Any type of training or education that helps you do your job better and
safer is a wise investment of time.
The following classes on TargetSolutions will meet the requirements for classes in the Professional Development Program.
- Fleet Program Driving - one course each year for 4 years; new employees complete the Fleet Program - Defensive Driving Strategies as soon as possible
- Interviewing and Hiring
- Preventing Discrimination in the Workplace
- Reasonable Suspicion of Alcohol for Supervisors – must also complete Reasonable Suspicion Drugs (below) to meet DOT/federal requirements; course requires 60 minutes of viewing
- Reasonable Suspicion of Drugs for Supervisors – must also complete Reasonable Suspicion Alcohol (above) to meet DOT/federal requirements; course requires 60 minutes of viewing
- Water Industry HAZWOPER (Modules 1-4 required)
- Water Industry Lock-Out/Tag-Out
- Water Industry Respiratory Protection
- Workplace Violence
All other courses in TargetSolutions do qualify as electives in the PDP program.